About Victoria ParkerEdit
Victoria "Porkchop" Parker, born (Victor Bowling) is a female illusionist from Raleigh, North Carolina. Porkchop is part of the 1st and Original Cast of RuPaul's Drag Race. Sadly for Porkchop, she was eliminated on the 1st episode.
Victoria started doing drag because she has been performing and entertaining since a very young age. Victoria is experienced in not only Female Impersonation, but also in show choir, theater & acting. According to the 1st Episode of Rupaul's Drag Race, Porkchop started doing drag on January 16, 1987.
Victoria believes that Drag and Female Impersonation have two different meanings. Victoria defined drag as "Dressed as Girl" according to the dictionary, and one that goes out to a gay bar dressed as a woman to have a good time. Porkchop felt Female Impersonation meant "a male dressed as a woman for entertainment purposes." Victoria defines herself as a Female Impersonator, not only because of it's meaning but because it's a career, it's something fun she does for a living, and when he goes home she takes off her makeup and lives life as a man.
Victoria's most memorable moment was winning a pageant a year prior to entering the show, performing alongside Erica Dunlap, the former Miss Real America. Porkchop addressed that she and Erica wore matching costumes as well.
Victoria's goal is to entertain, have fun on stage, and please the audience. Victoria wants to make the people in the audience forget their problems, enjoy her performances and the show for a good couple of hours.
In her introduction video for RuPaul's Drag Race, she described herself as Diva, Charismatic and Talented. As the queens were required to describe 3 words about themselves.
Drag Name OriginalityEdit
Victor Bowling chose his drag name (Victoria "Porkchop" Parker) for the following reasons...
- Victor chose "Victoria" because it was natural for his first name "Victor"
- Victor chose "Parker" from a former "Miss North Carolina", who won a pageant in the 1st year Victor did drag, which was in 1987.
- Victor's drag middle name was actually "Renae". But years into doing Female Impersonation, "Porkchop" was actually given to him from his friends because it was one of his favorite things to cook when he had people over. Initially he did not like the nickname but after some time he recognized that it was given out of love and not malice, and he started using it proudly.
Victoria "Porkchop" Parker was elminiated on the 1st episode of RuPaul's Drag Race.
The 1st episode's name was called "Drag on a Dime" where the queens had to make a fashionable outfit made from items from a dollar store.
The causes of her elimination was the fact that she couldn't sew a whole dress together. Victoria confessed that her final outfit was the first outfit she has ever made, and RuPaul addressed that as a part of why Victoria was in the bottom two, along side Akashia. Victoria also accidentally stumbled on the runway while lip-synching for her life.
- I'm Victor, and my Stage Name is "Victoria Porkchop Parker". Victoria is very different from Victor, Victoria is very outgoing, very flirtatious, she likes to meet men, she likes to entertain, and I can do things as Victoria, that I could never get away with as Victor
- I'm hungry!
- Rupaul: "I'm getting Bette Midler, luau here." Victor: "Kinda, it's kind of a drag queen at the beach."
- Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me.
- Victoria Parker said if she were to look like anyone, it would be Elizabeth Taylor. Elizabeth is one of her Porkchop always found Elizabeth beautiful and a fabulous diva.
- Porkchop's Idols are Elizabeth Taylor and Bob Mackie.
- Victoria Parker had acid thrown on her face outside a gay bar back in the late 1980s while doing impersonation. She had to be rushed to the Emergency Room in drag. Her face has never been the same. She confirmed this on the 1st episode of the show.
- Victoria won a pageant with Erica Dunlap, the former Miss Real America.
- Victoria won over 100 pageants, although attending over 200 of them & won over 4 National titles
- Victoria was crowned Miss Continental Plus in 2003
|RuPaul's Drag Race Season 1|
| Winner: 1st: Bebe Zahara Benet|
Pit Crew: Emanuel Palmer , Max "The Body" Philisaire