About Sharon NeedlesEdit
Sharon's real name is Aaron Coady. Sharon Needles' name originated when Sharon and her brother were trying to come up with the an offensive play on words, thus the name Sharon Needles was born. Sharon had a rough childhood growing up in Newton, Iowa, where she dealt with anti gay views on a daily basis. She eventually relocated to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 2004 to pursue her love of drag.
Sharon is in a relationship with fellow drag queen Alaska Thunderfuck. During the course of season four, it was revealed by Sharon that Alaska had auditioned for all four seasons of the show and had not made it on the show, while for Sharon season four had been her first audition and she made it in right away. Sharon felt guilt at this, but eventually overcame it with the help of Alaska, Rupaul, and her fellow Queens.
America's Next Drag SuperstarEdit
During the course of the season, Sharon endeared herself to both fans and judges with her spooky aesthetic, quick wit, and humble attitude. She dazzled the judges each week with her appearances on the runway.
Sharon was one of the final three girls alongside fellow queens Phi Phi O'Hara and Chad Michaels. The three performed in the music video for Rupaul's song "Glamazon". They found out then on the runway stage that the winner would be announced live several months after the final episode was shot. Three different endings were shot for the show, with Sharon, Chad and PhiPhi each being shot as the winner, so that only Ru and the crew of the show would know who would actually win. On April 30, 2012 Sharon Needles was crowned America's Next Drag Superstar of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 4 at the Reunion special
Sharon was initially chosen to be a part of RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars by the fans. However, due to the fact that she was chosen as the champion of season four and was extremely busy, she recorded a Facebook message to her fans that while she was flattered, she would not take part in the competition. Instead, fan favorite Pandora Boxx would be taking her place.
Following the show, Sharon has continued to make drag apperances across the US and Canada. She is currently serving as a host on Logo TV for a month of horror films. She is also a spokesperson for PETA, as she is a vegetarian. She also had a day named "Sharon Needles Day" in Pittsburgh on June 12, 2012. She performed as Dr. Frankenfurter in Texas for a limited run of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
She is playing in a theater version of The Craft along with Peaches Christ, Alaska Thunderfuck and Honey Mohagany. She has also recorded an album with people she admires, such as Amanda Lepore, Jane County (first transgender woman in a punk rock band) and RuPaul.
- During the Show
- Season 4 is going to be Cancelled!
- Do I think I'm gonna win RuPaul's drag race? I dunno!
- I look spooky, but I'm really nice!... At least for now!
- Three words to describe Sharon Needles are Beautiful, Spooky, and Stupid.
- You should have seen what me and Ru were on, at the limelight. It's all behind us now, we're on uppers, downers, and candycorns! - As Michelle Visage in the "Snatch Game"
- Though I may dabble in the black-arts, when I hear RuPaul's music, I see the light!
- Dida Ritz, a lot of you girls like to clock me for painting my skin on the gray side, but I was inspired by your knees... and they're the same color as Willam's chin!
- Jiggly Caliente, you're such a fat slut, after sex you smoke hams!
- I LOVE PUSSY
- Tired Ass Showgirl
- Have you done porn? You should certainly consider it!
- Playing girly-ish and bouncy is something really foreign to me.
- My hand works great on a snake.
- I fully support gay divorce.
- I have ‘dignity’ looks and ‘paycheck’ looks. Dignity is when I will not bend, for anyone. I don’t care if I make a dollar, I’m doin what I’m doin. Then there’s times the electric’s about to shut off so I dress up like Lady GaGa.
- When in doubt, freak ‘em out.
- I like spotlight, not sunlight.
- There's nothing natural about me.
- …she ordered those tears from China
- Damn those chinese fingers are good
- I’m working with a DILK: A Dad I’d Like to Kill.
- Well, I enjoy being down on a pole.
- Latrice is taking me to church [with her lipsynch]. I mean, my skin started smoking.
- Off the Show
- Being booed off stage is just an applause from ghosts!
- Sharon is a vegetarian.
- In the city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; June 12 is city recognized Sharon Needles Day.