Grand Finale (Runner-Up)
"Raven" (David Petruschin) is a professional drag queen, makeup artist, performer, comedian from Riverside, California
Raven is a huge fan-favorite and one of the most popular contestants ever to enter on RuPaul's Drag Race.
Raven was known on the show for her wit, her fashion sense, her fierce runway walks and her performances including the lip-syncs.
Drag Name OriginalityEdit
David/Raven simply didn't want a female name for a drag name. He wanted it to be a winged-creature, like a Raven or a Phoenix. So he chose Raven because he liked it and it was a different name.
Raven was close to snatching the title of America's Next Drag Superstar, but lost it to Tyra Sanchez.
The final challenge was to put together a music video for RuPaul's, "Don't Be Jealous of my Boogie." and to show off their final runway outfits for the season.
Raven was positively critiqued for having consistency throughout the whole competition, including her fashion sense and was told to have a "Superstar" quality.
Unfortunately, during the final lip-sync, Tyra gave an over-the-top performance, outshined Raven's act and Raven lost the title of America's Next Drag Superstar, claiming Raven to be the runner-up.
- During the Show (Season 2)
- "My name is David. In drag when I've got on tits and tights I go by Raven."
- "I don't carry a purse, I stick it all in my tits."
- "I like to be that mysterious, dark, ice queen. I think I have a look that people might be a little intimidated by."
- "Am I a 10? A perfect 10!"
- "Nicole got picked last because this is a sexy contest and she's not sexy."
- "To be in a room full of men, I can't f***ing wait!"
- "I realized it didn't rain, but it was enough to buy a nice dinner at The Sizzler or something."
- "I think I can sell ice to an Eskimo, but, not dressed as a f***ing chicken."
- "YES! Thank you Jesus!" - Saved from elimination after the previous two times in a row.
- "Nicole's gone, praise the lord."
- "First of all I ain't making out with nobody here, second of all I am NOT making out with you!" - Referring to Nicole Paige Brooks
- "She had no country, she don't own no country, she's as big as a country." - Referring to Mystique
- "I'm not getting married. 'Cause I'm a bitter bitch."
- "I'll have it hanging out for you then." - Offering to show off her butt to Terri Nunn.
- "Everyone thinks you're pretty? I do think you're pretty, I think you have a beautiful face... for Radio." - To Tatianna
- "Her interview was sh**, her look was sh**, her bookcover was sh**, Her trying to launch and sell the book to the judges was sh**, she's sh**."
- "I wouldn't wear it, but for you, it's cute."
- "I'm a man in a dress."
- "She looks like a 99cent store mess." - Referring to Tatianna.
- "I'm a psychological woman."
- "I was giving Michelle Pfeiffer bitch. When I was looking at myself in that mirror, I was like "I look f***ing good."
- “If I were to win RuPaul’s Drag Race, it will help to show people that drag’s cool. Cause it’s f***ing cool. Drag is cool.”
- “Keep your eyes on the stars… You will never be one!”
- During the Show (RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars)
- "Mimi Mother-f***ing ImFurst walks up in this bitch. Why?"
- "Jujubee is here! And she's looking hot in some red hair!"
- "At this point, I couldn't give a sh** because I'm trying to win!"
- "I got a sassy attitude wit humor, I am an All Star!"
There have been many rumors going around that Raven has had several plastic surgery procedures not only to her face, but on her body as well.
He has confirmed that he has nothing but small facial work procedures done and that's all. David has only had injections of collagen in her lips and once below her eyes in her cheeks.
David did not get plastic surgery in her lips for drag. David felt that all his life, he never had lips and he did it just to get some more lip.
- Is Jewish and Russian
- Was raised mormon
- Came out as gay to his mother on Mother's Day
- Has a dog named Blu
- Before gaining a full drag career, David worked as a cosmetic salesperson and a freelance makeup artist
- Best friends with Jujubee
- Was a go-go dancer
- One of Raven's inspirations from music is Madonna. Others are Courtney Love, Debbie Herry & Terri Nunn.
- Raven/David owns over 32 sets of contact lenses with different colors and styles.
- David was inspired by his mom to do makeup, he always watched his mom do her makeup.
- Can take up to 3 hours to transform from David to Raven
- Started drag in 2002
- Raven does not attend the Drag cruise because he has a serious case of seasickness
- Raven's Facebook