Mariah Paris Balenciaga (Elijah Kelly), is a drag queen, hair stylist, makeup artist and performer from Atlanta, Georgia.
Mariah competed on RuPaul's Drag Race Season 3, where she was eliminated 5th, placing 9th in the competition overall.
Mariah was known on the show for her grace, poise, elegance, her fashion sense, her wit, and for her beauty.
Drag Name Origin
Mariah was given to her by the father of the House of Armani who recruited her in the ballroom scene. It rhymes with her boy name Elijah so it was easy for her to remember. She was Mariah Armani and then Mariah Balenciaga when she became one of the founding members of the House of Balenciaga. Paris is from her drag family name.
Mariah was eliminated on the 6th episode of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 3. The main challenge was for the queens to do their best celebrity impersonations in the Snatch Game. Mariah's chosen celebrity was Joan Crawford. Mariah was critiqued for being too toned down and too quiet to be Joan Crawford. The queens and the judges both thought the makeup was too harsh. It just didn't read as Joan Crawford to the judges.
Alongside Delta Work, Mariah was put in the bottom two. Delta outshined Mariah in the performance, and Mariah also didn't know the lyrics to the song,and Mariah was sent packing.
- During the Show
- "My name is Mariah, aka Mariah Paris, aka Mariah Successful."
- "Her look is definitely not polished, it's definitely not fabulous; it's almost as if I went into my granny's trunk in the attic." In reference to Raja's cyclops hat entrance.
- "When it comes to going out in drag in the day time, I'm good. 'Cause baby, if it's right, it's right."
- "I look like I got like, fix-a-flat in my face?"
- "You know what? I have thick skin, but that is your one free pass bitch!"
- "I'm the Milk-Maid."
- "Prepare to gag on my eleganza!
- "A pineapple gown with glitter on it, bitch!" "Give me my pocket book I'm leaving."
- "Um, I'm in the bottom 3 and I'm still just pretty.... next on news at 10!"
- "Elephant shoe, cantaloupe, and shalabalaba tuna"
- Started drag at 18 years old during a Halloween party.
- Very relaxed out of drag.
- Is a hair stylist full time out of drag.
4th: Yara Sofia (Miss Congeniality), 5th: Carmen Carrera, 6th: Shangela, 7th: Delta Work, 8th: Stacy Layne Matthews, 9th: Mariah, 10th: India Ferrah, 11th Mimi Imfurst, 12th: Phoenix, 13th: Venus D-Lite
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales