Gia Gunn is the stage name of Scotty Ichikawa, a drag performer from Chicago, Illinois. She is best known for being a contestant on Season 6 of RuPaul's Drag Race.
Scotty Ichikawa was born on May 10, 1990 in the United States as a fourth generation of Japanese-American. He grew up in a small diverse town in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago in Carpentersville, Illinois, United States. At the age of five years old, Ichikawa had made his stage debut.
After completing his high school education, he enrolled in a cosmetology school, where Ichikawa had received his cosmetology license. Soon after moving to Chicago, United States, he had observed numerous drag shows. Possibly being influenced by the observation of the numerous drag shows, Ichikawa had decided to perform himself and became a headlining drag performer.
He auditioned for Logo TV's reality television series RuPaul's Drag Race whilst Ichikawa was working in the hair industry full-time and performed as Gia Gunn by evening.
She is currently working for Mega's second season of The Switch Drag Race, the Chilean version of RuPaul's Drag Race.
RuPaul's Drag Race
On the sixth season of the reality television series, Gunn was quoted in her words of expressing her hatred for "messy queens, cheap queens and manly queens". During an episode of Untucked, she criticized one of her rival competitors, Milk, when they portrayed a woman with child. After being called out as an "ignorant" by another one of her rival competitors, Joslyn Fox, Gunn had reacted very negatively and became involved in a confrontation against them. However, Milk had already criticized her for possessing an "elitist attitude" and nicknamed her "Kimora Lee" as well.
She was eliminated on the fifth episode, better known as "The Snatch Game", where Gunn portrayed Kim Kardashian. Gunn had originally planned on portraying the late American singer and songwriter, Selena, however, the plan was met with skepticism from RuPaul. She landed the bottom two with Laganja Estranja and lip synced against her to "Head to Toe" by Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam. After being eliminated, Gunn, with a wonky eyelash, had expressed her anger on the topic of her now-former rival competitors for getting away with "dressing up like a man" and that Gunn was at least glad to have her friend, Estranja, send her home.
Drag Name Origin
Gia came from the supermodel Gia Carangi and the movie Gia starring Angelina Jolie. Her last name came from her drag mother Alyssa Gunnwhich, originated from Project Runway’s Tim Gunn.
- "Just got off the boat, you know, little trip from Asia, just landed like fresh tilapia."
- "Gia's a fishy girl, she's C.C.C.: Crazy, cuckoo, cunt!"
- "How is she though?"
- "My name's Gia Gunn. I don't jump guns, I am the boom boom gun."
- "I don't like messy queens, I don't like cheap queens and I don't like manly queens."
- "Gag me with a Delorean!"
- "Feelin' like pussy, feelin' like cunt!"
- "I'm feeling my oats, let me feel my ooooooooats!"
- "You guys are all still dudes."
- "You lady boy? You lady boy?"
- "What's a Tony?"
- "Bitch, are you fucking kidding me right now? You look like a fucking dumpster."
- "You should have been read for that hair, but you weren't, so..."
- "For all I know, it was a fucking ancient dildo."
- "You girls... look good."
- "I didn't quite cough like a man."
- "YES. BITCH. WERK!"
- "Oh, you know, I'm still, like, having some morning after stuff...you know, like throwing up and stuff after the pregnancy ,but everything should be okay."
- "Honey, just because nobody's interested in your style because it looks like it came from the fucking Quinceañera store"
4th: Darienne Lake, 5th: BenDeLaCreme (Ms. Congeniality), 6th Joslyn Fox, 7th: Trinity K. Bonet, 8th: Laganja Estranja, 9th: Milk, 10th: Gia Gunn, 11th: April Carrión, 12th: Vivacious, 13th & 14th: Magnolia Crawford & Kelly Mantle
Jason Carter • Shawn Morales • Miles Davis Moody • Simon Sherry-Wood